Most online marketers use blogs to market their online businesses. As an internet marketer, how can you make this technique more effective? Below are ten blogging mistakes you should know to help you avoid committing them:
1) Not being committed. If blogging is just your past time, then you can get away with blogging whenever you feel like it pii_email_ca406694fa91d858906c . But if you’re blogging is part of your online marketing technique, commitment is important. See to it that you give time to blogging on a regular basis.
2) Not getting any help. If you’re maintaining a blog for marketing online, consider getting some assistance. Trying to update and optimize your blog alone can a difficult job especially if you have other tasks to attend to. Have another person, or better yet, a team to help you attend to your blogging tasks.
3) Not targeting an audience. Niche blogging is surely the way to go. If your blog is not targeted to a particular niche or audience, it would be too difficult to get the traffic you want.
4) The lack of passion. The truth is, blogging for the sole purpose of selling your ads will not get you very far. If you’re blogging is all about commercial, people will see right through you. An AdSense ads on your blog without quality content cannot give you a more positive result.
5) Not being original. Some bloggers rely solely on news feeds from other sources. However, if people can read the same content in your blog that they can find from other places, they will not be convinced to subscribe to your blog. They may not even bother to re-visit you.
6) Not analyzing your website traffic statistics. Your web stats can tell you a lot of information. It can tell you which page of your site most readers like, it can tell you which days you receive more visits, where you hits are coming from, what type of readers go to your site and other important details.
7) Not making the needed changes. Don’t be contented with just the same layout, the same content, and the same structure on your blog. If something’s not working, then have the initiative to make some changes. The adage “there’s always room for improvement” also applies to blogging.
8) Not editing your posts. If you don’t have time to do the editing or you don’t have the editing skills, it is best to hire an editor to do it for you. The role of an editor is to make sure that your posts are free from grammatical errors, typos and punctuation mistakes. It will make your blog more credible and professional.
9) Not using RSS feeds. RSS feeds allow people to get updates from your blog. There are many free feeds on the web that you can use. Make sure that your blog has RSS feeds buttons that your readers can simply click on.
10) Not using keywords on your title tags. Without keywords on your titles, it would be more difficult for search engines to find you. On the other hand, keywords on your title tags allow search engine spiders to crawl on your page and categorize your content easily.
Blogging lets you react quickly to circumstances that may affect your company. A quick post about breaking news lets your audience know that you are on top of current affairs in your industry. If information is posted about your business online, your assigned blogger can address the issue instantly.
Blogs let you build strong relationships with existing customers. Posting to a blog on a regular basis builds trust. When customers trust you, they are more likely to buy your products and services again and again. If your customers are comfortable with your business, they may refer you to friends and family who are in the market for your products or services.
Building strong brands online is critical to online success. Posting to blogs will keep visitors engaged with your brand. The more you post, the more you will strengthen your brand. Posting consistently to your blog will also increase awareness of your brand within the online space.
A blog that posts content on a regular basis can help improve your ranking with search engines. Blog posts that include a link to your website will increase your total number of backlinks. The more links that point to your website, the better your chances of ranking high with search sites. If you are using popular keywords on your blog, it will be easy for searchers to find your site in search results.
If you want to position your business as an industry leader, consider business blogging. Companies that operate blogs can build their online brand. They can build strong customer relationships. With a blog, they can also use blogs to increase sales. If your company is not blogging, you could be missing out on potential business.